Runequest (Mongoose Version)

At first blush I am hugely disappointed with this book it looks like a miss on an open goal. However with a bit of consideration I am starting to think that I might not be the target audience for this. After all I have both the Avalon Hill edition of Runequest and the GW extracted rulebook.
However the truth is that the GW hardback version of the book covers nearly identical ground to the the Mongoose book but does so far more concisely and cheaply.
For 15 pounds the content in the Mongoose Edition seems postively stingy and seems strategically designed to make the next rulebook, the "Companion", a necessary purchase.
Personally I am going to wait to see if the Second Age material is any good before I commit to buying any more of the rulebooks in this line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Era

Valiant Girls & NanoWorld

Ruma: Dawn of Empire